Translate

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Welcome to The Creative Eye!

Good morning and welcome!

I am an artist.  Wow.  Sometimes I feel like I don't have the right to say that.  I am the child of two wonderful artists... That I am proud of!    Me?  I don't sell much -- matter of fact -- I haven't sold more than a few things.  That's not what makes one an artist, is it?  Really?

I love art.  I love color.  I love to draw.  I love to make jewelry.  I get compliments.  I guess that means I'm an artist?  Okay.  I'm an artist.

So, with that being proclaimed, I now wish to share some things with you.  How I see things.  I have been taught that artists see things differently, and for a long time I didn't really understand this.  I get it, now.  It's not a better way to see... or perhaps it is?  I like it!   Maybe seeing things as an artist is part of the 'gift' of being an artistic person?  AHA!

I created this blog to journal some of my ways of seeing.  I have a project in mind that I will soon begin posting.    It will make up the majority of this blog, but I will also throw in a few thoughts and ideas... and maybe even share some of my art with you.

Anyway, here's to the start of a colorful journey;  may it lead us wherever we wish to go.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note and I'll get right back to you! Thanks for reading!