Translate

Monday, January 23, 2012

Still In A Zen Mood

While I am really pleased with my last Zentangle, I still think it could have been better.  I have said this before, but whenever I scan my artwork, every flaw seems to scream at me.  I have a rule with myself:  Once I declare it finished, I never, no matter how much it bothers me, I never edit or erase.  That's how I learn.  And I have;  never again will I use a colored pencil to draw the outline.  I know, there are no rules really, but for me, it simply does not work.  I have ordered an inexpensive set of pens I shall use from now on.

I have stared a new Zen.  So far, so good.  I had to stop because I was not feeling well.  It's fine though.  I have ideas swimming in my mind for where to go next.  I'm happy with the outcome so far.


I'm seeing a lot of Zentangle workshops.  I even found a woman in Columbia that teaches... maybe I can talk her into starting a class!  I know this is an easy, free-flowing art form, but there are actually names for the shapes you incorporate!  If anything, I can meet new Zentanglers (Maybe I can doodle out some Jingtinglers and Floobfloobers come next Christmas)!  I'd love that!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note and I'll get right back to you! Thanks for reading!