Translate

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Dots and Hearts.


Still drawing hearts.  Four of them.  I like shading things with the dot method.  I remember learning how to do this in my art classes in high school.  The cool thing is that my youngest son is taking now and told me that he was learning this  in class.  How cool is it to discuss art with your kid, I ask you?  VERY.

I was going to leave the hearts white and ZenT the insides.  Then I thought I'd get brave and again, test my dotting technique to lighten the areas under the hearts on 'top.'  I do need to slow down when placing the dots, as you can get very carried away and place a smudge instead of a dot.  Again, the pens I'm using allow me to really play with texture.  Not bad for a two-hour piece.
At first, I only dot-shaded the bottom.  Then, I decided to get crazy and do the top.  Why be normal, right?  Every piece I do is a learning experience... and a FUN one.

Until pen and paper meet again,

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note and I'll get right back to you! Thanks for reading!