Translate

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Twisted Zentangle

I have been thinking about my elementary school days, lately.  More specifically, my fifth and sixth grade years.  I had the same teacher for both years.  Mr. Headman.  He made school fun.  LOTS of fun.  I will save my memories of him and those years for another blog, but there is one thing that he showed me once that has always stayed with me.  An art form that I only know as "Squiggle Design", as he called it.  When it was raining outside and we stayed inside for recess, we could basically do whatever we wanted to do.  Records were spun on the school-model record player (Steve Miller... always Steve Miller), kids played cards, read, and drew.  I drew.  Back to Squiggle Designs.  It was simple.  You took your pencil and just drew one curly, curvy, continuous line, but carefully ended it.  I should have taken a picture of mine that I just did to show.  Next time.  Then, once your line is done, you simply colored in each shape a different color.  Or shades of one color.  The possibilities were endless.  Thank you, Mr. Headman, wherever you are!

I was making coffee this morning and it suddenly came to me.  Make a Squiggle Design and ZenT it!  Here it is:


I am getting addicted to ZenT.  I was told by my physician that I really need to find a way to de-stress.  I'm so stressed out and have been for months.  So much so that my hair is falling out.  I can't wait to show this to him.  He loves art and will be happy to know that I have found a way ... another way *wink* to de-stress.  

Thanks for reading.

Until pen and paper meet again...

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note and I'll get right back to you! Thanks for reading!